Contact Information

Contact Information:
email:
flyfishing@steelheadguide.com
web Site:
http://www.steelheadguide.com/
home: (440) 734-0689
cell: (440) 773-8064


Saturday, August 17, 2013

5-16-2013 - Anna & Chris new to the sport

We were fishing Big Creek off the Grand River because the main rivers were not fish-able.  This nice ranger pictured below stop to chat and inquired about out fishing licenses.  Chris and Anna were unaware they needed one.  I have to take full blame for this one as it is my responsibility to make sure all clients have a valid fishing licenses and yes, I would have paid their fines.  I explained to the ranger it was my fault and that they honestly didn't know.  He told me he was going to write them a warning only because he believed it was an honest mistake.

Anna, such a joy to fish with and smart I must add, asked if they bought a license online with her iPhone would that work instead of getting a ticket?  We went back to the car and they purchased their licenses and the ranger checked my Guide Permit, which was a 1st time for me since being required by Lake Metroparks.

All day we fish and only land one Steelhead.  Everywhere river we walked-up, we were minutes late getting there only to watch other anglers take over the spots. Maybe we should of walked-down stream instead.
  


No comments: